Saturday, March 26, 2011

Luck of the Irish....

Well our little man has arrived!  He came on St. Pats day but no we did not name him Patrick ;)  His full name is Gavin Carter Romashko.  He was 7lbs 8oz 19.5 inches long and came via c section at 11am.  He was completely perfect!  His first APGAR was an 8 and his second a minute later was 9 so you can't get much better than that right!

So here is my story....

On Wed the 16th I had a day of IEP meetings....blah.  And let me tell you the last one was HORRIBLE!  I was doing it on a kiddo I don't see because I performed the 3 year eval so it stunk because I didn't know the kid really well and I was suggestion a reduction of minutes that the parents were not happy about.  The meeting went on for hours and we ended the meeting without finalizing the IEP because mom had to go.  I was so stressed out that I tried to go to the school nurse so she could check my BP but since it was late after school I missed her :/ So I decided to go to my mother-in-laws house to take it there.  Well no big surprise it was high.  I called the dr's office and they had me take it again and it was even higher.  The nurse checked with my Dr and then told me to go to Morris Hospital just to get checked quick.  I figured I was going to be checked and then sent home so I drove myself (prob not my smartest moment  but oh well I made it).  The second I got there they admitted me and got me into a birthing suite.  My Dr was there within minutes of me getting there and suddenly I was in a gown in a bed with about 4-5 nurses putting things on me and going in and out with equipment.  Come to find out the Dr instructed his nurse at his office to get me to come in without freaking me out so he knew I wouldn't be leaving that night.  They checked my BP and it was continuing to rise so the Dr Kaz laid everything out for me.  Basically he was going to put me on magnesium once Ben got there and we got to talk and we could choose to either go for a c section that night or try to induce and see what would happen.  He also told me that I would not be able to have an epidural so there was a chance that during a vaginal delivery that my BP would go higher and I would need an emergency c section.  We decided to try induction that night and see what would happen.  Well by morning.....no change :/  Apparently the magnesium counteracted the meds to induce labor.  Dr Kaz wasn't even able to break my water.  So we discussed options and decided on the c section which they had me walking into OR pretty much within an hour.  Where my little monkey was born :)

While recovering from a c section is no fun....it was completely worth it.  And is actually going very well.  It will be nice once I am cleared to drive and to carry my kiddo in his carrier.  Right now the rule is no lifting anything heavier than Gavin.  So I feel like I am on house arrest.  But at least I have a super cute little man with me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment