Sunday, January 30, 2011

Here Goes Nothing

Well I was inspired by Kate to start a blog...we will see how it goes :)

Well today is officially 33 weeks.  Anywhere from 4-7 weeks from now baby boy Romashko will make his appearance!  I feel like I still have a LOT to do.

  • I still need to get a hold of the pediatrician that we are interested in and see if they will be a good fit for us.  
  • And get those little odds and ends that we didn't get at the shower.  
  • Write thank yous for the shower.
  • Possibly find a new OB
  • Pack for the hospital
  • Try and get a bunch of write ups and planning done for my maternity leave
  • Take a birthing class
Oh yes you read that right....find a new OB.  I LOVE my doctor!  He is the best and he is affiliated with Morris hospital which is where I really want to deliver.  Well what has happened is that my company is changing insurance providers as of the 1st of Feb and my doctor doesn't take it.  So the HR person where I work got the paperwork to try and get the new company to grandfather me in with my current Dr till the end of my pregnancy.  I have an appointment tomorrow my absolute last day of for sure coverage with my doctor but after that its all up in the air and I am supposed to start coming in every two weeks after that!  So I guess I am hoping that my new insurance will call up tomorrow saying I am grandfathered in.  Or an OB nurse I was talking with said its worth it to ask my doctor to start taking my new insurance so I will be asking him that tomorrow.  Or my last resort is to ask my doctor to refer me to an OB in the Morris/Minooka area who is affiliated with the Morris Hospital.  So currently I am with Dr. Kaz so if anyone can suggest someone else who is good in the area I would love to hear about them.

And of course there is TONS of stress at work right now :/  Oh well at least I will get 7 weeks off with my little guy and then go back for possibly not even a month before summer break.

I know it will all work out.  It seems like other areas in our lives are aka our new place.


2 comments:

  1. Hey girl! CONGRATS on starting a blog! They get a bit addicting... especially in the months after having a baby. There are A LOT of great Mommy blogs out there that make you feel like you aren't alone... and it is GLORIOUS..

    As far as OB's I had Dr. Toussaint in Morris. I LOVED HIM! I delivered at Morris Hospital and I LOVED IT THERE. The nurses were SPECTACULAR, and staying in the same room the whole time has ALOT of bonuses. I mean like WHOA. Anyhoo, if you need anything, just let me know! I would be more than happy to help you out! Take care girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I am enjoying the site so far....I'm going to have to play on it a bit more to really figure it all out :) I figure it will be a nice way to get my mind off things from time to time.

    I will have to look into Dr Toussaint. Thank you soooooo much for passing on his name. Hopefully I will be able to stay with my OB but if needed it gives me a place to start looking for a Dr. I think for me the big thing will be the hospital. Kara and I were talking about it and she said the nurses are really the ones who matter the most to help you through and from what people say Morris would be the place to go then.

    ReplyDelete